Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just funny


Okay, so if you haven't/don't have a potty training kid, you will not appreciate this post. But I'm using this blog as a place to record our family's "accomplishments" - no matter how big, small, or stinky they may be! I found a way to print our blog, so I'm liking this more than photobooks!

Last night at bible study, a brief part of our conversation was about unforgiveness. Our leader told us about her experience with holding back forgiveness from someone who caused her physical and emotional pain. How she finally, after a very long time, was able to forgive him. In the most southern twang you can imagine, she said before she was able to forgive she had been experiencing "spiritual constipation". HAHAHAHA! I LOVE her!! I can still hear everyone laughing it up after she said that! But it truly does clog up =) that conversation line to God if you aren't careful. I have definitely experienced it more than once, I'm ashamed to admit.

Anyway, after bible study, I got a call from EC (with Bo's help). She had to tell me that she went "poopoo in the potty by herself!" How timely =) Bo said she wouldn't let him dispose of it until I came home to see it. He didn't prompt her to go. She just went in the restroom, came out with a wipe, went back to the restroom, and then came back out to announce her accomplishment =) Here she is with her clean potty.


I'm not whacky enough to take a picture of "it". Come on people, I do have limits!

I have to admit, I have not been "potty training" EC. I thought about it when I was pregnant, but then the thought of taking her to public restrooms with a huge preggo belly put things into a different perspective. Can't you just see her army crawling under the stall walls as a big pregnant Emily chases her yelling "Get off the floor. Gross!" We have kept little potties in all our restrooms and in February we started giving her a candy heart every time she went potty #1. At Eric's birthday party, we gave him a Thomas the Train "cozy blanket". EC insisted she needed a Dora cozy blanket. So we told her if she went poopoo in the potty, we would get her one. Months go by, and Grandma found a Dora blanket on sale at Publix. So EC got a Dora blanket this weekend that she is in LOVE with! No worries about what to get now that she has gone potty though, she wants a Dora backpack =)

Today, she has been great about going potty. But she did ask for a diaper before lunch after she "tried" to go poopoo again. She was very adiment about having a diaper too. So we will see if she keeps it up.

We are reinforcing the letter A this week. Here is one of our crafts.



There is nothing like tearing up tissue paper and painting it onto card stock! I had to sneak my photos because she didn't want me to take any.

I'm also starting insanity again. Hopefully I will not injure myself... and apparently my workout wore someone else out too.


There is nothing like having a smiling little cheerleader one second and this little sleep angel the next! I had to give her a sassy because she kept choking on those beautiful little fingers. They are her favorite toy right now!

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com