EC seemed to spend the first part of our time there just taking it all in. She went from area to area just checking it all out.
When we finally decided to pry EC and Ann Marie out of there, we all had lunch at Chick-fil-a's house =) It was a great morning!
Bo and Annabelle were at home having some daddy/daughter bonding time. She slept a long time and took two bottles from daddy before I made it home. He said she did great! No crying - woohoo!
Annabelle has been drooling for about three weeks now. EC did the same thing at her age. I know the drooling will continue for the next three months before we actually see any teeth. She also started rolling from tummy to back this weekend. She doesn't do it all the time yet, but she has been able to roll off her tummy several times and seems to be quite satisfied with herself! I also caught her intentionally grabbing her toy elephant in the car on Friday. I looked over and saw her with a steady hand staring down her elephant and inching her fingers closer and closer to his snout until she successfully held it in her hand. AWESOMENESS! So glad I got to see her big accomplishment =)
We all spent the last part of the week at Scott and Amelia's house. Emma Catherine and Eric had a fun time at Eric's nanny's house (Ms. Jill), while Amelia and I went to consignment sales. I did not have any luck finding a good double stroller, but I'm not giving up yet! I did find some great summer clothes for EC and Amelia picked up several new things for the newest baby girl McVay (FYI: Eden and Audrey are the top two names now. I'm cheering for Audrey. I love Audrey Hepburn. And if they go with Audrey, then the new baby would have an A name like Annabelle! Eric and EC, Audrey and AB!)
Here are some fun things EC has done/said lately:
When I picked her up from Ms. Jill's house, "Momma, I missed you so much." And before I leave her room at night she says, "Momma, I love you so much."
We ate hibachi on Friday night with Scott, Amelia, and Eric. When the cook did the "big fire" volcano as Eric calls it, he started screaming and crying out of fear. So EC started rubbing Eric's arm and telling him "it's okay buddy". Note that this is the same girl who screamed and cried the last time we ate hibachi.
When EC and Eric played at Ms. Jill's house she would randomly hear Eric say, "Come on Cafrin". To which EC would respond, "I'm comin, I'm comin"
Jill also said they would often bicker like an old married couple in the van "It's mine" "mine!"

Ah, what a great age!!














0 comments:
Post a Comment