We are finally working on our upstairs toy room/entertainment room! We had these bookshelves built by a guy in Atlanta that makes cabinets for home builders.

There are two two foot wide bookshelves that are 16 inches deep and one three foot wide bookshelf that is 20 inches deep. They are all 84" in height.
This guy was a little excited about getting his new nail gun/air compressor combo today!
Bo used his new toy to move one of the shelves in the three foot bookshelf, so we can put our tv in it. I'm excited to put the first coat of primer on the set this week - at least that is the plan!
Check out my girls "taking a nap" together
Emma Catherine was very upset when I took Annabelle to her crib after we read stories.
Annabelle is starting to "talk" as much as Emma Catherine does - uh oh!
In other news, tonight we found out we OWE $3200 in taxes. Yep. My eyes bugged out like that too when I heard Bo say $3200. How in the world does that happen? We both adjusted our forms last year when Bo decided to go full time with GTRI; we listed him as head of household. So maybe we messed something up there? We will figure it out, but what a blow! All I could think about was how we were not going to reach our savings goal.
I was already feeling a little overwhelmed this afternoon thinking about work, Annabelle's vaccinations, etc... so that was kind of the icing on the cake for Miss Moody over here. I decided to snuggle Annabelle and watch an episode of Lie to Me.
I felt a little better after vegging, so Bo and I looked at the bank accounts and our Debt Snowball. I received my bonus from work last week and we were able to pay off one of the last two student loans we have!! Once we marked that off our Debt Snowball and did the math, we realized we have paid off about $70,000 since July 2009. Thank you sweet Jesus for putting things into perspective for me. We are truly blessed.
Our debt has consisted of both our student loans and my car loan that we bought in September of 2007. And since we started our Dave Ramsey plan in July 2009, we have paid off everything except one of Bo's law school loans. So our little tax set back means we didn't quite reach our savings goal for 2010, but we are doing a good job. So here we go... tightening up the belt and trying to keep up that gazelle intensity!




2 comments:
We are going through the same thing! We just got audited and realized we didn't do our 2009 taxes correctly, so we owe something like $2000 unexpectedly. Ouch. But it really puts into perspective how much less stressful this is when you have an emergency fund in place. It's a giant annoyance and a setback, but it doesn't ruin your life and make it impossible to buy groceries, know what I mean? Congratulations on the $70,000! That is *GIANT!*
Yikes! I'm sorry you guys are going through the same thing. It REALLY stinks to say the least. Definitely glad we did not stick to Dave Ramsey's rule of only a $1000 emergency fund. Other than that, I like his plan. So, in crazy related news, our friend at Bo's work experienced the same tax situation as us. The are getting money back on their state income tax, but owe on their federal. So wierd. I'll let ya know if we get ours figured out!
Post a Comment