Y'all, I'm really behind now!
Here is Elf from day 7 having a picnic with bunny at our prized princess table and chairs ($2 from yardsale!).
Here is Elf telling stories with Dora and friends on day 8.
Day 9 he took a little nap with baby Maggie in the cradle. Her bed was "just right"! Glad she didn't mind sharing!
The today (10) we found him up here and eating a lollipop!
You can't tell form the picture, but he is at the tip top of our shelving system in the family room. He is also eating EC's favorite kind of lollipop. She asked him if she could "have the rest when he is finished" =)
So on to our tinsel crafts. Thursday we didn't have any thing planned outside the house, so we used the day to get caught up on our crafts.
We have Mary from day 6. When Gabriel told her she was going to have Jesus. Here she is in her teeny bopper glory. (Yes, I did the little bead hairbow, not EC. She is good, but not that good yet! But she did tell me Mary needed a bow on her head =) And it was easy enough to add a drop of hot glue then stick it in the beads!)
Goodbye tiny waist! Here we have the pregnant Mary and Elizabeth enjoying some quality time together before the babies arrived (day 7 or maybe 8?).
Day 8 (or maybe 7) is Mary's praise song to God.
And our sun mosaic for day 9. Our friend Mary was here to help with this one! Thanks again Mary!!
Other pictures from Thursday
This was the first time AB climbed on the couch by herself! So proud!!
She is my little shortie! By this age, EC was pretty much out of the little infant carseat. We looked at AB in the same carseat last night and she has like 4 inches to grow! Also, she is still in size 3/4 shoe. EC was at least a 5 by this point. Finally a petite little one to cuddle and she is a snuggle bug =)
My little fam this morning = my heart!
EC's masterpiece from tonight =)
One other thing for this post. Here is a picture of my mantel in progress. I say in progress because I just don't like how it looks. I am not good at decorating - AT ALL. That is why places like pottery barn are good for me - they just put it all together. Unfortunately it costs an arm and a leg to get pottery barn or better to decorate my home. So I'm just going to have to get better at this! Notice Julie, I did finish my wreaths!! So glad we had our craft day! Reserve a day in March to have a girl's craft Saturday or maybe a whole weekend =) All are invited!
The white balls on top of the glass candlesticks are from this tutorial I pinned from Kelly via Pinterest. I moved our cross from our entryway and pulled the candlesticks out of the closet. I want to add glitter to the white balls, maybe remove one of the wreaths and put it on the front door, also add some greenery, and these glitter tp roll snowflakes that I'm working on. Suggestions? Are there any rules I should know when decorating? Help!



1 comments:
Everything looks great! I love that you're building up a collection of ornaments that your girls made. As for decorating, if you figure it out, let me know! :) I always just try to include a variety of textures, making sure that the whole thing looks balanced (equal amounts of texture on each side, both sides have the same amount of height and busy-ness, etc). And I try to keep odd numbers of things if possible. That generally helps. But I think it's fun just to play around and see what you end up liking. I love how those white balls on the candlesticks turned out! I'm thinking I might need to try them now!
Post a Comment