No crafting again today. However, I did get creative with our elf, Soovie, today!
You may not be able to tell, but Soovie had a cheerio fight with Dora and friends. Of course, Swiper joined forces with elf! I snapped a few pictures before the girls demolished everything =)
Soovie left this for EC because yesterday she asked him if she could have the rest of his lollipop when he was finished =)
Of course, AB helped herself!
And she doesn't quite understand that she isn't supposed to touch Soovie, so he moved to a shelf soon after this picture. EC was quite upset with her.
I forgot to mention yesterday why elf is now Soovie. On Thursday when Mary was here, EC told us that his name was Suzy. So Mary said something like - her name is Suzy. EC corrected her, "No, he is a boy". Then yesterday she couldn't quite remember how to pronounce Suzy and instead said Soovie. So I'm just reinforcing her incorrect pronunciation =) All this makes me think about that song about A Boy Named Sue =)
Tonight we were introduced to the world of Chuck E Cheese. It was our friend Hannah's 4th birthday! She and her family just moved to town and joined our journey group this fall. The children had the best time, but luckily EC hated Chuck E Cheese himself. Whenever he came near the birthday table, EC ran to sit in our laps. The poor birthday girl was even in tears at the thought of being in a picture with him - even though she begged to have her party there. So no, I do not see a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese in our near future for many reasons. But I was so glad the children had such a great time!! Oh, and AB was totally cute "dancing" on the "stage" - until a big kid from another party knocked her over. She was much more cautious after that! Seeing her dance like that is one of the greatest joys in life =)
Another great joy is hearing EC sing. She just breaks out in song randomly throughout the day. Today's song was "Me and My Family". I heard the words and didn't recognize it, so I figured it was Barney. We don't watch Barney at our house, but she sneaks it in over at Aunt Debbie's house. I can't stand the show, but I must say they have some pretty cute songs every now and then. I know that my writing skills are not the best, but I do know that the song should say My Family and Me - so that REALLY bothers me. She is just so cute when she sings it! I can't tell her to stop =) Especially when she sings, "Me and my sister we're quite a pair, we love to snuggle our teddy bears!"



0 comments:
Post a Comment