Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 5/6: Catching up

So y'all knew I was going to get behind on my blogging right? =)

I'm sad to say that I did not even move elf on day 5. EC noticed, but she said he really liked sledding and that is why he went back to the stocking. She is so cute. I rushed around like crazy yesterday getting ready to "take the afternoon off" to do Christmas crafts with Julie. I finally made it out of here around lunch. We made wreaths (mine is almost finished), I made a single felt ornament (I'm a little slow even without the children there!), chalkpaint reusable gift tags, and face scrub (it is awesome for dry hands too!) And the best part was getting to catch up with Julie! =) I'll try to take some pictures of our projects tomorrow and add them to this post.

The girls were thrilled to spend the afternoon with daddy. AB saw Bo come through the door at lunch time and she walked as fast as she could to him with arms stretched up high. She knew it was a special day to have daddy home so early! Then EC convinced him to take them to Jump 4 Joeys. Everyone was worn out by the time I go home!

Today we did day 5 craft, the angel Gabriel.


This craft was little harder for EC. She folds, but not evenly and the paper was nearly impossible to shove into the jingle bell. But she did enjoy threading the jingle bells onto pipe cleaners. We bent the pipe cleaners with jingle bells into circles and AB even enjoyed carrying them around the house.

Speaking of AB, last night was rough at our house. After my afternoon with Julie, I went to Patti's Pampered Chef party. When I finally got home, I felt EXHAUSTED. Then my throat started hurting. I was up and down all night between my sore throat and the girls. AB is getting 3 teeth and may have a sore throat too, but I can see the white behind that last layer of her gum. It just looks painful. She and sass(pacifier) are bffs right now. Bo was so sweet this morning. He got up and went to Kroger to get all the ingredients for chicken noodle soup. It may have helped that I told him I was dying =) But the pain had spread to my ears by 4:30 this morning and I was up gargling salt water again. So we have been taking it easy today - relatively at least. Sometimes I slightly miss those days that I could send EC to school while I stayed home and nursed myself back to health. She is a very busy and talkative girl, which is a fun combination except for those days when mommy cannot talk very much =)

Anyway, since last night was so rough, everyone ended up in our bed and elf showed up on EC's empty bed this morning.

EC brought him a few toys so he would have something to do today.

So hopefully tomorrow we will be all well and able to catch up on craft 6&7. Maybe...

And if you have time for some Christmas crafting, you should hop over and check out my friend Kelly's tips for fancy Christmas garland. She is also hosting a fabulous giveaway for vinyl lettering from Belvedere Designs, so you should stop by and enter for a chance to win!! And if you do win, you can totally split the reward with me since I am the one who told you about it ;o) Can you tell I really want to win?

1 comments:

julie said...

I had so much fun too :) I'm sorry you got sick!! I hope you feel better soon and I hope the chicken noodle soup helps :)

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com