We started our Truth in the Tinsel crafts and made a topper for our tree yesterday!
I made it following this video on youtube. The instructions were okay. I did not measure out my ribbon like the lady did on the video and I kind of just winged it. But if you have no clue how to make a ribbon tree topper, the video will give you the jist.
You can see, our elf hiding in the tree. It didn't take EC very long to find him! He left our diningroom table askew when he climbed up to hang out with Larryboy - aka mommy moved the table to get a better picture of the tree!
EC loved our first craft/ornament that we made from Truth in the Tinsel! She didn't understand why we couldn't keep going and make day two as well. I'm not sure if she totally understood the idea behind the ornament, but we had fun and spent some time talking about Jesus. Here is a picture of the finished product. She loved cutting, gluing, and picking out which tissue paper to use. Of course, I had to cut out the inside around the candle.
On the tree it looks even better because she reversed the direction of the paper on each side. Clever girl!
I'm so glad she is crafty! Sometimes I feel like the only things inhibiting our craftiness are lack of time and budget =)


0 comments:
Post a Comment