I promise to blog all about Annabelle, the labor, the birth etc very soon, but my computer died yesterday morning so this is the first chance I've had to give everyone a quick update.
Most of you know we were in Woodstock at my brother's house when I went in to labor. Bo and I put Emma Catherine to bed before heading to the hospital on New Year's Eve and left her to play with her aunts, uncles, and cousins until Annabelle was ready to come home.
Yesterday morning momma called Bo and me at the hospital to let us know Emma Catherine had spiked a fever over 103 during the night. Not really what you want to hear on the day you are hoping to unite your new family. So after a call to Annabelle's pediatrician, Bo and I decided to split up so both of our girls could have at least one parent.
Bo brought Annabelle, momma, and me home yesterday. Then he headed to Woodstock to snuggle Emma Catherine and take her to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Immediate Care Center on Busbee Parkway. After about 4 hours of waiting, she was finally seen. Her fever was above 103 again. They tested her for strep and that came back negative. So the doctor assumed it was the flu, but apparently they don't test for flu at that center. The pediatrician also said they were seeing a different strain of the flu than what was in the vaccine this year, so even if she had gotten the flu shot she probably still had the flu. He offered to write Emma Catherine a prescription for tamiflu and said Bo could take her to get tested at a minute clinic and then fill the prescription if needed. Needless to say, Bo was a little more than perturbed when he left the center and has vowed to never go back. So Bo and Emma Catherine went back to Woodstock last night. Momma, Annabelle, and I stayed here in Powder Springs.
This morning Bo took her to a minute clinic just to make sure she didn't have the flu. The nurse took one look at her ears and said the poor girl has "raging" ear infections in both ears. Since the pediatrician saw EC at 6PM the day before, we are very unsure as to how he missed this. The nurse also said that she does seem to have a virus, but the ear infections were probably what was causing the high fever. So EC is starting her antibiotic today and we are hoping she can come meet her little sister tomorrow or Wednesday.
We are very much missing Bo and Emma Catherine, but are so grateful Grammy is here with us.
Grandma came by last night, cooked us a yummy pot of soup and cornbread, brought groceries, and best of all - made us a pan of brownies =)
Poppa stopped by on his way back to Alabama. He also brought groceries and scrubbed the tub so I could soak away some of these afterbirth pains. How many dad's would do that? I feel so very loved.
Annabelle is nursing well and she is beautiful - yes I'm her momma =) I'm really REALLY missing my blondies, but trying to enjoy every second of this special bonding time with my sweet Annabelle before I have to split my time between two beautiful girls.
DIY Sliding Closet Door
6 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment