Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Still in Woodstock


Emma Catherine stayed fever free through the night, so Bo took her to play with Oula today. He really needed to check on things at work and we thought it would be a fun treat for Emma Catherine to see Oula. Oula said they had a great time playing this morning and eating chick fil a for lunch - Emma Catherine's favorite place to eat. Then after her nap, Bo arrived to pick her up and she threw up. So he checked her temp and it was over 100 again. So Emma Catherine has now seen her pediatrician. Dr Beckford says she has bronchitis and a touch of pneumonia in her left lung. Bo had to hold her down for an antibiotic shot and a 5 minute breathing treatment in the doctor's office. Then Dr Beckford prescribed a new antibiotic and breathing treatments every 8 hours for EC. They aren't even sure the antibiotic will help since we don't know if her illness is viral or bacterial. Needless to say, Bo and Emma Catherine are headed back to Woodstock for the near future.

I'm going crazy because I can't hold my girl and kiss her and snuggle her. I wasn't there to hold her for her shot or breathing treatment. I couldn't sing her favorite song. Okay, so I know my hormones are all over the place because I just gave birth, but I keep thinking about the case of pneumonia that put me in the hospital when EC was 3 months old. So I keep telling myself she will be fine and we just keep praying she will get better soon. Maybe the shot of antibiotic will be exactly what she needed to kick this virus.

Please say a special prayer for my Emma Catherine and for Bo. Tonight's midnight breathing treatment will be a special challenge for both.

Here's to hoping for a better update tomorrow!

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com