Friday, January 7, 2011

Home is where your family is...

Emma Catherine and Bo are home at last!!! They surprised us by showing up just before lunch =) Emma Catherine jumped right into my arms and didn't even want to get up to take a bubble bath! Bo showered and proceeded to hold Annabelle for the next few hours. It was the sweetest thing =)



Emma Catherine has been fever free for more than 24 hours. Her cough still sounds yucky, but she was so happy all day. The first thing she wanted to do after hugging mommy was to see Annabelle. She helped me change her diaper and told Annabelle, "It's okay Annabelle. It's okay." because Annabelle was crying. If Annabelle is laying in the cradle and starts crying Emma Catherine says, "Go take care of her mommy." If I'm holding Annabelle and she starts crying Emma Catherine gets this really scared look, so I have to tell them both it's okay =) She is already such a sweet big sister who is very attentive to her little sister!


The first time I fed Annabelle in front of Emma Catherine they both ended up in tears. Emma Catherine wanted to sit on the same leg that Annabelle was sitting on. After asking her to please sit on the other leg, Emma Catherine finally got up to go to the other side when she lost her balance and her knee hit Annabelle's head. I'm not sure Annabelle was really hurt, but she was very upset about loosing her milk supply. She started screaming and Emma Catherine started crying. So we all three ended up hugging and everything was okay once Annabelle had her milk back again.


Emma Catherine had another breathing treatment at 12:30AM. She and I were snuggling after the treatment when Annabelle started crying. I asked Emma Catherine if I should go check on Annabelle. Emma Catherine said "Yeah. She might need a drink." And she had no problem going back to sleep while I went to feed Annabelle. I hope she continues to be so generous =)

Thank you all for praying for us this past week! Having our family separated was not my first choice, but when you have 3 pediatricians recommend keeping your sick toddler away from your newborn you can't really argue. Plus, who wants to have a newborn hospitalized when it could be prevented? It was definitely a tough week for all of us, but I would do everything the same way again given the situation. We are just thankful Emma Catherine came down with this illness when she did. If it had been one day sooner Bo and I would have been exposed before Annabelle arrived. If it had been one day later then Bo, Annabelle, and I would have been exposed. God does work miracles!



0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com