Tuesday, January 8, 2013

EC cuteness and projects

I woke up to some EC cuteness yesterday morning. The first thing she said after "I'm hungry. Can we go downstairs?" was "I imagined [dreamed] about baby brother last night. He had blonde hair and baby clothes and tiny feetsies that were the color of our feet." The color comment made me giggle :) See has been asking for a "dark skinned big sister" for her doll house. We have two of every doll for their house except the big sister doll, so of course they want another and EC is obsessed with her having "dark skin". Black, Asian, Hispanic...I'm not sure she really cares as long as it has darker skin than the rest of the dolls.

Of course the girls also wake up asking for daddy. By 9 am they settle down and accept that he won't be home until dinner time. EC was extra excited for him to get home yesterday. They had grand plans to build a bird house! I needed to run to the store, so Bo took both the girls with him to shop for supplies. Unfortunately AB had two hours of "quiet time" and did not actually sleep yesterday, that is not until they packed up and headed to Home Depot! AB then quickly feel asleep and stayed asleep on Bo's shoulder for most of the trip. Bo was left carrying supplies and a sleeping two year old, so of course EC asked to go potty. Needless to say they forgot the dowel for the bird house, but overall I'm impressed Bo survived the shopping trip and made it home with enough energy to build the bird house :) Here is an almost finished picture of the bird house. EC still wants to paint it.


I spent time making hairbows for Valentine pictures for the girls and hemming EC's dress last night. Dez contacted us last week about using the girls as models and I jumped at the chance! We haven't done two year pictures of AB yet, so I'm hoping to get a few cute ones of her by herself. We will see what Dez has in mind!

 I'm also in the processes of giving my rose wreath a facelift in hopes to use it for my door this Valentine's day! I'll let you know well it takes the red spray paint!



Have I mentioned EC is really into decorating this year? We made a zillion of these glitter hearts yesterday. AB wanted more goo [glue] and EC wanted more glitter.





Also, I have been told and instructed that our Christmas flowers (poinsettia) on the front porch are dying and we need to get new ones for Valentine's day. Does anyone want to come decorate my front porch for Valentines day? I'm off to search the internet for ideas for the planter. I have about 5 minutes to spare, wish me luck!


0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com