Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Another Christmas Tree


I know, another fabulous photo...not! :) I hope you don't mind my really terrible photos. I take them on manual mode, because I really don't like how they look when the flash is on. And unfortuately they are done at night, before the girls have a chance to find elf and move everything in the morning. I have every intention of editing the pictures a bit before posting, but who has time for that!

Today Soovie brought the girls the Christmas tree that we "forgot" in the attic. He "brought" this tree to us last year. Soovie even found some of the snow flakes he brought back from the North Pole last year to use at the top of the tree to make a star. EC is obsessed with a star being on top of the tree. I think it upsets her a little that I put a ribbon at the top of our big tree. I have considered buying a star for the top of this tree and Target has the cutest little tree skirts this year for $8. But neither are in the budget this month, so maybe if it goes on sale after Christmas I will splurge and let Soovie bring it next year :) Plus, I have a hard time spending money on something like a tree skirt, when I could make it so easily.

EC has been completely obsessed with any and all things Christmas this year. She is definitely our Christmas Nazi! Every day she asks if there is something new to decorate or if she can rearrange the ornaments on the Christmas tree, so you can bet this tree did not stay empty long! I think she gets this from me ;)

I am feeling better about the family stuff today. Just typing it out last night helped a ton. I was also able to spend an hour on the treadmill today, so that probably helped too!

If you have the time to comment, I could use some help on shower decoration craftiness!

Here are the finished paintings, what do you think?


I spray painted this big star for the center of this wreath (getting my money's worth out of the wreath, this is the third party it has been used at)! The wreath could use some tweaking and I really need something to cover up the old hot glue.



I also spray painted these stars silver after removing them from the string of lights. I am now thinking they may make a cute decoration for the fire place, but I would like to do something to incorporate Avery's name. I originally thought I would do a banner for the fireplace, but wouldn't the stars add a whole new dimension!  I also have a strand of star lights to use in the diningroom, if I can figure out how to plug them in without leaving the cord out as a tripping hazard.


I would love to do something like this above the food table, but I don't thing strings of small stars are going to happen. Maybe. I do have three pink pom poms to go above the table and I plan to make two silver.

How would you tweak this decor? Hoping I can get everything done before Sunday!!

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com