Wednesday, May 18, 2011

All about Emma Catherine

So I haven't had any recent posts on the cute stuff EC has been up to these days. Perhaps it is because she is a two year old terror - just kidding! Well, mostly =)

She is a doll. Always, always talking. Did I mention always? Two different people made comments to me at Hobby Lobby this morning. One person was someone we walked up behind in an isle. I was looking at stuff and responding to EC's NUMEROUS comments. The lady turned around to get a good peek at her and asked, "How old is she, four?" I responded, "No ma'am, she's two and a half." Lady, "Well, you just keep on talking to her. She has great verbal skills to be so young. You know that is a sign of intelligence."

The next lady who commented on her was behind us in the check out line. She peered around the stroller to get a look and said, "What beautiful curls she has to go along with all that talking. I mean. She has been talking the entire time you have been in here!" I responded, "Yes ma'am. She is my chatter box!" Lady, "Well, you know that means she is one smart girl!"


Well folks, if good verbal skills equal intelligence, then EC is a genius! She even talks in her sleep from time to time. Needless to say, there is never a dull moment around here!

In these pictures she is sporting her very first pigtail braids. She actually sat still and let me braid both sides. I didn't have to tell her to be still even once. I'm as amazed as you are...


Then she had to get dressed in her princess attire.


She lives in her princess costumes from Oula. If you see her half dressed in pictures, it is because she has either just taken off her costume to put another one on or to eat. She HATES to spill on her clothes. If she gets the tiniest bit of anything on her outfit then it has to come off. And she means business. She has just about stripped down in a public restaurant before I could catch her because she spilled a drop of sweet tea on her shirt. Mr. Bill tells me all the time that Mini Merle (not sure about the spelling aka Gran's momma) would have loved how prissy EC is at this age. And prissy is a great description because she loves princesses, jewelry, purses, shoes, clothes, and going on dates with daddy!

I guess the only thing not so prissy is how tough she is when she gets hurt. Take a look at her shins in the above picture and check out those bruises. I have no clue how she gets half the bruises on her legs because she never complains!


Our girl is mostly potty trained these days. She even naps without a diaper. She still has an accident every now and then. It is usually when she is zoned in on something such as watching Strawberry Shortcake. Yep, she still likes Veggie Tales, Leap Frog, Dora, and Diego, but her new thing is Strawberry Shortcake. There are some episodes that I do not let her watch because she tends to mimic the characters I don't like. Typically, I sit with her when she watches a new episode and talk with her about how we should and should not act. Or if one of the characters is mean or rude, I make sure to comment on their behavior and that it is not acceptable. I'm always amazed at the little things they pick up on.

Monday night she was on her big girl potty talking to her daddy. She said, "When I grow up, hummmm...I will be a teacher! And you can be a teacher. And mommy can be a teacher. And Annabelle can be a teacher and we can all get married!" The theme of the Strawberry Shortcake episode was what do you want to be when you grow up =)

On Tuesday she told me that she was "going to bible study, but not until daddy gets home so he can love on you and take you and Annabelle on a date while I'm gone." (Monday night is when I go to bible study and daddy takes the girls on a date.)

EC has started calling her little sis "Annabellie". It actually started on Friday. I have no clue where she came up with that name. But she sure does love her little sister.


What is up with needing footed pjs in the middle of May?

I do struggle from time to time with her seemingly uncontrollable energy. She is capable of sitting still and concentrating on things, but most of the time she is going 90 to nothing. It is even worse when she is around new people or if I'm trying to visit with someone. She wants ALL the attention. She thinks if you come to visit, then you must be coming to visit with her! Oh what to do. Any suggestions? Is it just a stage? I sure hope so!

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com