I'm going to try to play catch up on blogging...we'll see how far I get!
So there was Mother's day weekend. It was fabulous! I can't remember all of Friday night now, but I know it was fun =) and it included Italian creme cupcakes as well as chocolate chip cookie dough truffles. Yummy!!
Saturday we slept in. Yep you read that right. Both girls slept until almost 9!! When we woke up, Bo helped me clean for an hour. Then he drove us to the Dawsonville outlets. We had a great time window shopping and then Bo decided to spoil me a little at Ann Taylor Loft! I got just a few new things. I'm still in between sizes - in between my "fat girl clothes" and my "skinny girl clothes". I can't blame it on baby weight though, but we don't need to rehash that. I just need to stick to my exercise program.

After outlet shopping, we headed to Marietta to meet baby George. We got to town about 40 minutes early, so Bo let me check out the festival going on at the square (thank you Julie for posting about it on facebook)! Bo parked and stayed with our sleeping babes and I got some me time!
Then, the girls and I finally got to meet baby George! We were exposed to a stomach virus the week before he was born. Luckily (thank you Lord), we did not catch that one, but I didn't want to take any chances with a newborn! George is so precious. Watch out ladies! And seeing Marianna snuggle and cuddle him was the sweetest thing =) Unfortunately, I forgot my camera - fail.
Grandma was also in Marietta and came home with us on Saturday night. She stayed for church on Sunday morning too. Bo surprised us both with flowers and sweet cards. He baked some cinnamon rolls for breakfast and dressed AB in her "I love grandma" bib. Good job hubbs!
He also purchased some non traditional roses this year! He knew I had been drooling over this wreath for a year now!
Mrs. Sandy C. was working in AB's nursery room at church, so we decided to leave Annabelle in nursery for the very first time. This was actually the first time we left her with anyone other than my parents. We did miss the first part of the service, including baptisms, but it was very nice to attend a service again without worrying about our baby girl being noisy!
After church we all had a nice lunch at Panera and then Grandma headed home. It was so nice to have Grandma with us for Mother's day this year! Thank you for traveling to see us!!
Later that day, Grammy and Poppa stopped by on their way home from visiting Scott & Amelia in Woodstock. They brought us some goodies!! And loved on the baby girls a bit. One of the greatest things to me is watching my dad play with my girls.

He just appreciates them and plays with them in such a different way. He is always in awe and marvels at everything they do. Life truly is an amazing gift and I'm so glad he reminds me of that fact frequently.
We decided to eat dinner with them at Olive Garden on their way home, but the wait was 1.5 hours = rediculous! So we scratched that plan and decided Provino's was a better idea = no wait and it was delicious!!
Our gift to both Grandma and Grammy was a brag book of our latest pictures from Dez.
We love our moms!!
And thank you to my sweet husband for making "Mother's day weekend" so special!! It turns out, these were for me too =)

Well, that is all the time I have for now folks. So much for catching up! :oP
















0 comments:
Post a Comment