Our friend Paul worked in his yard a few weekends ago. He put up this picture of several hostas aka lettuce he was trashing. I'm not sure he intended anyone to take him up on the hosta sale, but I did!
The reason I am in need of hostas:

This bed is located right outside our back door, between the patio and the back garage. It looks just perfect for beautiful flowers right? Wrong! This bed stays so moist that everything we plant there dies. Did I mention it also gets hardly any sunlight? I'm telling you nothing will grow here. I will let you know the fate of the hostas, but hopefully this shade loving plant will at least stay alive so I don't have to look at a bed of mulch and occasionally weeds. I did look up one tutorial about transplanting and dividing hostas if you are in need of such instruction.
If you have any suggestions for a beautiful plant that might love to grow in this environment please let us know. For now, I'll enjoy my FREE hostas!

2 comments:
Try a hydrangea. Not sure how they do in the heat, but we get TONS of water and very little sunlight in Seattle and they are everywhere. It's the one thing I can't kill in my garden, even when I try.
PS: That's Kelly, not Robert!
Post a Comment