So you have probably heard that quote before. I honestly don't know who deserves the credit for it. I have heard it all my life growing up in the church, but I heard it again last night at bible study. It still stands true and means so much more than it used to.
I joined a women's only bible study this January. It has been the definition of amazing, real, and exactly what I needed right now. A girl I grew up with in Hazlehurst, Candy Jo, lives up here now and joined this bible study about one year ago. Shortly after she met with the group she experienced a tragedy that many of us will never understand. She lost her husband of four years in a four wheeler accident. She said this group of ladies (who she had only know 4 weeks at the time) stepped up and were really there for her. After just a month into the study, I feel so blessed to be around such wonderful women. Women who are truly after God's heart.
The study we are doing is Jesus the One and Only by Beth Moore. We are on week three (my fav so far) and I'm still getting chill bumps every time I sit down to do a lesson. We are doing the work book during the week and dvds to go with it when we meet once a week. I have bought a Beth Moore bible study that you just read through and it isn't the same. I highly recommend the work book and dvd format. All I can say is if you don't have a personal relationship with Christ or you do, but you need to feel a little closer to him right now - then this is the study for you! So grab a few of your gal pals or even your significant other and commit to taking this study all the way through, but just get ready to be shaken a bit. You may find out more about yourself than you want to! This study has addressed all areas of my life and we are only on week three; relationships, child rearing, work, etc. And if you don't already know, Beth Moore is an incredible writer.
I hope, just like Beth, that one day, when I'm gone people will say "She was just about God." You are fabulous Beth!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment