Tuesday, April 13, 2010

To See Beauty Even in the Common Things


Most of you know we are living in my parent's house in Powder Springs. They are currently in their other house in Alabama. They had this house on the market for two years. Unfortunately, the bottom fell out (economically) right after their house went on the market. After Bo graduated, we needed to move back to Atlanta and shorten that three hour commute from Athens to Atlanta! We mentioned in passing about moving into my parent's empty house since it had been on the market for two years. They loved the idea! Nothing is worse than a house sitting empty on the market for too long. And that is how we ended up in Powder Springs.

It has been a GREAT move for us! I'm close to my high school friends again. We are still close to all our family. We can get to most of our immediate relatives within two hours. It is absolutely perfect! Yes, I am a family girl!! The only thing that could make it better would be for my out of state sisters, Mark's family, and Gran and Pop to move closer. I'm not asking for too much am I?

Now that Spring is here, we are getting out into the beautiful yard my momma worked so hard on while she lived here. Things got a little out of control during the two years the house was empty, but the variety of plants is amazing! Not that the yard is amazing by any means, but it has great potential!

Check out these beautiful tulips that popped up Friday!
Hands down those are my favorite! The runner up fav is this beautiful iris...
This is also a cool plant with the leaves trimmed in white
It is not a great picture, but very classy plant I think =) Other plants I love are the wild strawberries. Look closely and you will see the little yellow flowers where strawberries will appear later. I'm hoping for more yellow flowers to appear, because most of the lower green leaves in the picture are wild strawberry leaves!
You can tell that bed looks pretty rough. Here is a picture of the part I have started to clear out. The hardest part is identifying what stays and what goes without my momma here to tell me!
I'm sure I have a ton more weeding to do in this area, but I would rather not pull out too much the first time!

Next up are the flocks. These are a great ground cover. And they are quite pretty minus the weeds!
I also love this purple flower.
I think this plant has potential
As you can see, I have my work cut out for me!
And just for the record, I hate this stuff.
Do you see those small, yellowy/lime green leaves in between these bushes? This stuff is the energizer bunny in plant form. It just keeps growing and growing and growing...No matter how hard you try to contain it or get rid of it you cannot. It is killing the bushes around it just like it killed the bush that used to sit in that spot! I ABHOR this stuff - just for the record! =)

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com