Thursday, November 29, 2012

Shopping is tough

I'm convinced the worst part of shopping for your friends as a four year old is that you find so many new things you want for yourself. Well, maybe this is a problem at any age ;) but it was particularly tough for EC today!

We got a last minute invite to a party and still had one Christmas gift to get for a friend, so we headed to Target. I needed to pick up a gift card and then we our way back to the toys. After looking at everything and much debate, SHE settled on a couple of toys for her friends. I can have absolutely no input into gifts for her friends, except letting her know if it is in the budget and I must say she is getting very good at reading prices on her own.

Riley's birthday gift because "Sleeping Beauty Barbie is her favorite." Apparently, duh mom!


Ann Marie's gift because "She loves Minnie Mouse and games."


The problem is, she has now decided that Minnie Mouse Bingo needs to be on her Christmas Wish List along with this: (Available only at Target as far as I can tell. I check everything again Amazon before purchasing, because it is quick and easy with the Amazon app.)


Then she started telling me that she really needed to get AB a Christmas gift, because she "loves [her] little sister". And she picked out this baby. AB proceeded to kiss it for the rest of the time we were in the store. 


And after she picked out a gift for AB she said, "I think AB would really like to get me a Christmas gift too. She told me with her head." So EC picked this out for herself.



And this is why I'm not a big fan of toy stores or shopping with EC. She is getting too smart and I'm just not ready for this!

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com