Meant to post this a while back, but it took a while to get the pictures for it....oops!
Last week Grandma asked EC if she wanted to go to Blakely with her for the weekend. She had mentioned this on our last trip to Blakely, but my girls can be little home bodies so I didn't think anything of it. We even made plans for family pictures Friday night and to host bible study on Sunday. EC had been talking about hosting her friends all week long.
Well, Grandma posted the question and when I asked EC she was all excited to go. Afraid she would back out at the last minute, I started asking questions.
Me: "You know mommy and daddy aren't going right?"
EC: "Well, can AB go?"
Me: "Well, let's ask her. AB do you want to go to Blakely with Grandma and sissy?"
AB: "NO!"
Me:"Sissy isn't going either. Plus she hasn't been sleeping well since we took her pacifier away, she needs to stay home. You know you will have to miss your friends on Sunday too, right?"
EC: "That's okay! I have to go to Pop and Gran's church with Grandma. I need to go to my class!"
There was absolutely no hesitation with that girl! Then I remembered family pictures.
Me: "Oh EC, but we have pictures on Friday. You have to be in the pictures!"
EC: (tears welling up in her eye) "but" (full fledged tears streaming) "I really want to go with Grandma!"
A quick glance at Bo, then I said, "Ok, I'll try to reschedule."
She was determined to go on this trip to Blakely by herself. This continued until Friday morning when she peaked her eyes open and started asking me about packing even though she was still half asleep. I was still half asleep, so I told her to get started and I would check out her packing job after breakfast. When I opened her bag, I found a toothbrush, a sleeping shirt, (daddy's) Chapstick, and 20 pairs of painties...you know, the essentials. Mommy helped a little after that :)
Grandma picked EC up right at lunch and they stopped at CFA Dwarf House on the way down to Blakely. Heaven!
Here are some pictures of EC "unpacking" at Pop and Gran's after they arrived. Please keep in mind that we do not usually "unpack" when we visit.
Notice a reduced number of panties on the right.
They took a trip on Saturday to "CBS" and to the Methodist Church Clothes closet on Saturday. EC had to pick up a baby for AB.
Then they went to play at her favorite place, the "park" at the Methodist Church!










0 comments:
Post a Comment