Bo and I were married on August 4th, 2007 :) It was fabulous! Thinking back on everyone that helped make that day so very special reminds me of how much we are loved by our family and friends! We are so blessed!
Now we skip a few months and important events like: my first car wreck = my first new car, the passing of Bo's grandmother, my stint of work at Plant Scherer in Juliette, our first holidays together, my boss telling me they needed me to go to Birmingham to work in Technical Services for the month of February- and this is where it begins...
I came home from Birmingham February 19, 2009 with a cough. A coworker had come in the previous week and sat across from me during a meeting. He said his allergies were just acting up - ha! He ended up with the flu. So, I continued to feel worse over the weekend, but managed to pull myself together on Saturday to go to lunch with Bo and his mom for his 25th birthday. While out at lunch the waiter and company talked me into taking a shot of whiskey (gross) - I never even did this in college - to help me "feel better". So feeling even worse on Monday, I went to the doctor. She asks "Are you pregnant?" I had just told her I was on birthcontrol so I responded "I'm on birthcontrol - no."
I tested positive for the flu and she sent me home with tamiflu. The next thing I know, I couldn't keep the tamiflu down and Bo had also caught the flu. I was feeling nauseated from the tamiflu, lying on the bathroom floor, thinking why won't this nausea go away? Oh no, could I be pregnant? No. Although, my sister did get pregnant on birthcontrol. I did happen to have an old pregnancy test in the cabinet and to ease my mind I decided to take it. Two minutes later I was staring at the pinkest line you have ever seen. It was bright pink compared to the second line, I mean BRIGHT pink. I felt tears of worry flowing down my face and scrambling for my phone I threw the pregnancy test on the bed beside Bo. Then I ran to the living room crying and calling my mom to say "I'm pregnant and I've killed it!" :) It is quite funny looking back on this whole scene, but at the time it was quite scary! All I could think about was how I never drink, but of course the one month I had consumed alcohol every weekend I ended up being pregnant. And on top of that I had been taking birthcontrol and lots of other medicine for this flu. So, to any one who is extremely worried about the effects of alcohol and medicine on an unplanned pregnancy in the first 7 weeks - do not worry, Emma Catherine is very healthy and ahead of her peers in all areas! Bo did wake up enough to hear what was going on in the living room. He came out there with the pregnancy test in hand, saying "Is this what I think it is". I just nodded with tears still rolling down my face, he just smile, and I knew everything was going to be great! Below is our last photo that was taken pre-pregnancy. It was also our first New Year's Eve as a married couple!

0 comments:
Post a Comment