Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sweetwater

The weather this week has been absolutely incredible - at least this preggo lady thinks so! One friend said she wasn't ready for the cool weather because she wasn't ready to give up flip flops. The only thing I could think was bring on more of this cool weather because I hate breaking a sweat every afternoon as I get into my car! =) It is so funny how we all think a little different!

Emma Catherine was up several times last night with a stopped up nose, horse throat, asking for water (we keep this on hand), and asking to eat. Because she wasn't feeling well, I broke down the second time she asked and took her downstairs for a snack. I think we were up off and on for an hour or two. She wanted to rock, then lay down with mommy. I'm not willing to sleep without my preggo pillow for support, so we ended up in my bed. She has never been a snuggler, not even as a new born when she slept with us quite frequently. She finally said "I sleep in Catherine's bed", kissed me good night(morning) and walked to her room. Ahhhhhh sweet relief! She is such a wild sleeper and I always worry about her keeping Bo up.

You might ask why I worry about Emma Catherine keeping Bo up at night? Don't worry, he has gotten up with her during the night as well, but as of Friday, Bo started a new job within GTRI. We were told when he took it that it would be very time consuming until the end of the year. He asked what I thought about the position. I said as long as he would like the new job as much as the old one go for it! It means we can pay off student loans faster and it isn't like being a lawyer - we aren't signing up for years of constant, crazy overtime. He will have a lot more responsibility in this position and initially more stress, but I know he will enjoy the challenge. Plus, I would rather he put in the overtime before I'm staying home with two children in January. We have this working parent thing down pretty well right now, but who knows what things will be like when we go to a family of four!

To help us all relax, our family took advantage of the cool weather this morning by making a trip out to Sweetwater Creek. It was very relaxing and peaceful. (Mostly pictures by Bo - thanks bubs!)



Emma Catherine and I did very well about not being cranky despite being up and down so much last night =) However, the water bug was a little upset I would not let her walk around in the water. Here is proof that I did let her put her feet in!


The three girls got a picture (27 weeks preggo)

And we were oh so grateful when a nice lady offered to take a family picture!

After enjoying God's beautiful handiwork, we made a trip to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Emma Catherine would insert "yummy, tummy" in this sentence because she ate a ton! She must have been feeling better =) And daddy even spoiled her by buying her one of these




During Emma Catherine's nap, I went to visit my friend Kimber and her two week old Miss Lily - so precious! I just sat there and held Lily for over an hour, it was wonderful to hold a newborn again. I cannot believe I will be holding another newborn of my own in just 13 short weeks!! There are few gifts as precious as being a parent - not that it isn't the most demanding thing Bo and I have ever experienced - we just really do view it as a privilege and not a job. This mind set really helps when you are up in the middle of the night =)

I ended the day with a haircut. Mandy just came back from maternity leave and the only appointment I could get was at 7PM tonight. She is booked solid for the next two months - not surprised! I will not post pictures. Even though she cut off three inches it is nothing drastic because I had three inches to spare - trust me!

Here's to hoping we can get our chores done in enough time to get our fall decorations up before Bradley class tomorrow! Happy weekend everyone =)

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com