Tuesday, February 14, 2012

She's a beautiful mess

I have been meaning to blog about one of our recent Sundays for quite a while now. So excuse me if you have already heard this story, but it needs to be documented so it can be retold at her rehearsal dinner one day  :)

We were headed to church a couple Sundays ago. We were actually EARLY for once. I know, crazy! We even had time to pull over and buy those cheap Sunday papers from the people on the side of 92. So we pulled back on to the road and out of no where we hear a horrible cry from the backseat. I flipped my head around to look at EC. Her mouth was hanging so wide open from the scream that her eyes were squinted, tears were already streaming down her face, and her face was turning red because she was still taking that breath - you know, the one that comes before massive amounts of sobbing. The only other thing I could see were her two little hands cupped around part of her upper thigh and I immediately knew what was going on. So I tried to squeeze in as many words as possible before she finished taking her breath and screamed so loud that  I knew she would never hear me. I said, "Oh, no! You have a hole in your tights. It's okay sweetie. I'll get you out as soon as we get to church and you can take them off. You don't have to wear tights."

Yes.

All of that over a hole in her tights.

Not kidding.

So she finished taking her breath, then screamed for less than a minute. I kept talking to her, "I know. I get so frustrated when I rip a hole in my tights too. It is just so frustrating isn't it?" She dried up her face and said, "Yes. Okay, I have to take them off. It's going to be okay."

I turned back around to Bo. He said, "I thought she cut her finger off!" I just smiled and teasingly said, "Aren't you glad you have me." To which he replied with the most serious face, looking me straight in the eyes, "Don't ever leave me."



Happy Valentine's day everyone!!

0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com