Monday, August 8, 2011

So I have obviously been on another blogging hiatus. There have been many things to blog about, but every time I sit down to start blogging I just think - nah, I would rather pin stuff, watch tv with Bo, read with the girls, work on Thirty-One stuff, etc. I just have not wanted to spend time blogging. I do love having this memory book of our family, so I will get caught up eventually....

I started writing the following post last week when my computer ran out of memory and I had to wait for Bo to back up and clear off some of our pictures. So here is the post from last Monday. Maybe one day soon I will get the motivation needed to catch up on July and August!

Today was a very big day at the Lane house! EC went to her first dance class!


Please disregard the clean laundry in the background =) I like folding laundry so much less than blogging, ever.

We started of the day with a trip to DanceMax. EC walked right into the store and picked out a cute pink and black outfit. After that, she was finished shopping. That was all she wanted.


I thought "Whoa, wait a sec. That has black in it. I don't know what daddy is going to think." So the sales person and I looked through the huge wall of dance outfits to find something "pink and precious". While we were busy looking, Laura and EC were in the dressing room with the pink and black outfit. When she came out of the dressing room, I thought she was ABSOLUTELY adorable. However, I was still convinced that maybe one without black would be much cuter. So I bribed her to try on just two more, but nothing was as cute as the one she picked out.



We barely got her out of her "new dress" for the ride home.


With promises of going to dance class after nap, she finally gave in and took her nap. Too bad that was only about 45 minutes before we needed to leave.


I had to wake both girls up from nap and rush out the door. This was right after Bo told me someone at work called him desperate for his help and he probably wasn't going to make it for dance class. Thank heavens Laura was here to help today! She was my extra set of hands, my photographer and babysitter. Thank you Lala!!



We made it to the craziness that is dance class for 2-3 year olds. Which really means any where from almost 2 to almost 3. In some children the 1 year old still showed. Next week, the class will be spit into two separate classes. This will be a welcomed change. However, tonight was probably the most precious thing I have ever seen.

They did more with the girls than I expected, but my expectations were fairly low =)




We loved the teachers






There was one song where the girls pointed their thumbs at themselves in reference to being a monkey. But when the teacher asked where the monkey was, EC was the first to tell Ms Hannah that she was the monkey =)


And maybe Isabelle is a monkey too!


The best part of dance may have been the rewards! Stamps were a big thing!

And this simple little sticker was so awesome - just ask EC!!



It was a big day.


0 comments:

 
Template by www.yummylolly.com